Survey: Gender Affects Sleep and Stress
Stress Keeps Women Up at Night
Women Appreciate Slumber
Women struggle the most to get good sleep, but they also see the importance of sleep.
Stress impacts women’s shut-eye
Stress makes sleep hard for everyone, but women in particular are finding themselves wide-eyed over stress.
- 19% of individuals ages 45-64 admit to losing sleep due to stress a few nights per week, but
- 26% of women report trouble sleeping at least once a week compared to only 16% of men, making them less likely to get good sleep
Women know sleep matters
They might have trouble sleeping, but women in general think sleep is important.
- 27% of women say sleep is the most important component to their overall well-being
- 16% of women would try getting a good night’s sleep to improve their overall wellness
- 31% of suburban moms are likely to make sleep a priority
- 50% of women with children agree that sleep is the best way to recharge, nine points higher than women without children
- 45% of women agree they feel most refreshed after a good night’s sleep
- 26% of women are likely to invest in a mattress as an in-home wellness item